I remember how accomplished I felt after making this.
I decided to make a Vegetable Roulade (a fancy word for rolled veggies stuffed in a pie pastry).
This dish was so much fun to make! I love showcasing a vegetable is different ways, and with a bounty this colorful it was hard not to smile as I built it.
For this dish, the first thing you have to do is thinly slice all of your vegetables. I like to use my mandolin slicer so it's all uniform, but feel free to use a vegetable peeler if you don't have a mandolin.
(Cooking Tip: slicing everything in uniform ensures that they'll cook all at the same time).
This by far has been the most labor intensive dish I have shared with you (oh wait, I did share that Harissa recipe too? That was pretty intense also).
It was a long process. But it was worth every single patient vibe in my body. This was delicious, even better, was the reaction I had as I removed it from the oven and saw the finished product. It was delicious! I loved the fact that it had the yucca crust, it was sweet and savory at the same time. It was a definite make again, hopefully the next time for a collective group of pals around my dinner table.
So what are you waiting for? Go and make this.
2 Carrots (thinly sliced)
2 Zucchinis (thinly sliced)
1 Eggplant(thinly sliced)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Olive Oil Drizzle
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Get the yucca dough ready 1st. This can me a day ahead and just roll it out onto a pie pan or another oven safe pan.
- Slice each of the vegetables thinly and start layering each one atop each other in alternating colors.
- Roll them up and lay atop the yucca dough
- Drizzle entire dish with olive oil and season to taste it salt and pepper.
- Bake this dish for 20 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from oven and let cool before you slice and serve.
Are you enjoying what I am writing?
Why don't you join the mailing list?
It's a good way to get cooking tips delivered to your inbox and also be part of the exclusive discounts and FREE giveaways.
I will be back next week, with another blog post and another recipe.
Until then, take care!