I have had the most pleasant year. I have been trucking along and eating great since June. My extra roll of sunshine that I was carrying around my midsection is less, my energy is better and I have been sleeping like a cadaver most nights (too morbid? Agreed; but you know what I mean, I have been sleeping REALLY soundly).
I definitely think its related to how I choose to start my mornings. Also, what I eat early on in my day. I am doing a lot of things that make me happier. Therefore making me eat better, and sleep more profound.
Here is my secret weapon that I vary week by week. I hope it becomes yours too. It's a surefire way to get your taste buds to sing, but also comes with some much simplicity that I just can't stand it.
- 1 tsp EVOO
- 1/2 Onion (minced)
- 1/2 c Broccoli Slaw
- 1 Head Purple Cauliflower (coarsely chopped in food processor)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c Queso Fresco (crumbled pieces)
- 2 tbs Parsley (minced)
- Heat skillet to med- high heat. Add your oil and your onions. Cook for 3 mins until onions are slightly caramelized.
- Add the broccoli slaw and the cauliflower. Cook for 2 additional mins.
- Scramble in the eggs and lower the heat to medium. Keep moving eggs around for another minute.
- Top with fresh minced parsley and cheese crumbles.
Sounds pretty good right? I'd say so. It's really such a fun dish to make for breakfast. So go ahead, and make this for yourself (heck, share it with others on a Sunday morning). Keep me posted and let me know how it goes.
Are you enjoying what I am writing?
Why don't you join the mailing list? It's a good way to get cooking tips delivered to your inbox and also be part of the exclusive discounts and FREE giveaways.
I will be back next week, with another blog post and another recipe.
Until then, take care!