Breakfast Egg Stack
I'm in love with making a fried egg for breakfast. It's so simple, but you can add so much flavors to it that it pairs well with a side of sauteed veggies.
This is a riff on a pancake stack. I don't remember the last time I had a pancake stack, but this is what I wanted to assemble one day when I was thinking of pancakes.
It's an egg stack. It's the absolute breakfast with a side of coffee or tea. Go make it.
- 3 Sweet Peppers (Red, Yellow, Orange)
- 2 Brussel Sprouts (cut in half, then into long slivers)
- 1/2 onion (sliced thinly)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp EVOO (or fat of choice)
- Salt / Pepper to taste
- Avocado (optional)
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- Heat up a sautee pan to med heat.
- Add the oil, add the onions. Sautee for 2-3 mins until just starting to turn light brown
- Add the sprouts and the sweet peppers. Sautee for 5 mins until all the vegetables are caramelizing and starting to char up. Add the Salt/Pepper.
- Place the ring mold onto the plate. Add the vegetables into the mold, pressing into them with the back of a spoon.
- Fry the egg in the same pan. Over easy style (Fry on one side 2 mins until edges firm, flip then fry for 10 seconds and flip back).
- Remove the ring mold, and slide egg onto stack.
- Add the avocado, (sliced, cubed, or whole- your choice!)
Are you enjoying what I am writing?
Why don't you join the mailing list? It's a good way to get cooking tips delivered to your inbox and also be part of the exclusive discounts and FREE giveaways.
I will be back next week, with another blog post and another recipe.
Until then, take care!