New Pesto to Try
Boy, what a fun day I had the other day when I came home with my market radishes. I recently roasted them and served them with a sesame salt and a serrano foam. This time, I wanted to do something with the radish tops. I love making pesto with all sorts of greens and this time, the radish tops were no different.
Here is what I started with:
(Top to bottom)
Chop off the tops from the radish. Separate the tops from the radish (use a bowl). Cut off the core from the brussel sprouts and add them all into a bowl (rinse both with clean cold water to remove all the grit).
Once the veggies were rinsed and drained, I added them to a scorching hot skillet with a bit of oil to roast on high. Once they were finished (about 10-15 mins; I like 'em chard and black) I tossed with the radish top pesto. Seriously.... Go run! and make this.
It became a staple all week for veggies, wet rubs, and also a sandwich spread. whoah! go and make it.
Radish Top Pesto
- 1 bunch Radishes
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts
- 1 c EVOO
- 1/2 c Lemon zest and juice
- 1/2 c Almonds
- Radish tops
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- mixing bowl
- skillet pan
- Take the tops off the radishes and separate.
- Take the core off the brussel sprouts and add to large mixing bowl.
- Rinse under cold water both the radish and the sprouts.
- Heat the skillet to high heat until it smokes.
- Add EVOO and add the radish and sprouts to roast under the high heat.
- Meanwhile in the food processor (or blender). Add the last ingredients and set aside.
- Toss the roasted veggies with 1/2 of the pesto sauce. Keep the other half for another use.